New Student Advising
New Student Advising is designed to help you get a head start on a successful academic experience at SPU. Your first step is to sign up for one of the NSA events, which are held on campus as well as in Oregon, California, and Colorado. After that, you'll receive a confirmation email that confirms your event signup and outlines the items you need to complete prior to your event
What Is New Student Advising?
New Student Advising is the mandatory program by which new students are advised and registered for their first quarter’s classes at SPU.
Who Should Attend New Student Advising?
All new freshmen and transfer students are required to attend New Student Advising.
When and Where Is New Student Advising?
On-Campus (Seattle) Events, 8 a.m.–12:15 p.m.
- Saturday, May 17, 2014 This event is in the past.
- Friday, June 20, 2014 This event is in the past.
- Friday, June 27, 2014 This event is in the past.
- Friday, August 22, 2014 This event is in the past.
Off-Campus Events, 9 a.m.–1 p.m. or 12 p.m.–4 p.m.
These events are in the past.
- Portland, Oregon: Saturday, July 12, 2014
- San Jose, California: Monday, July 14, 2014
- Pasadena, California: Wednesday, July 16, 2014
- Denver, Colorado: Friday, July 18, 2014
If attendance at one of the events presents an unusual hardship, alternate accommodations can be made via phone or Skype. Simply sign up and check the box that says, "I cannot attend any of these events."
Since all events have passed, individual appointments are now available. Sign up and check the box that says, "I cannot attend any of these events." to be provided with the next steps for scheduling your individual NSA appointment.