The Professional Studies program is for students transferring to
Seattle Pacific University with an approved technical or professional
degree from a Washington State community or technical college. This program
allows students to receive a bachelor’s degree by completing
liberal-arts requirements and a minor. A maximum of 90
community college credits are transferred into this program.
Admission to the Major or Minor
Students are admitted to the University and the Professional Studies
major simultaneously. Students must meet all prerequisites for
the minor as well as specific minor requirements. Minor requirements
are listed within the discipline.
Requirements for the Professional Studies Major
53–60 credits, plus a minimum of 30 credits in a minor
See Curriculum for Special Programs (PDF).
Students must complete the following:
- 10 credits in Foundations.
- 5 credits in a class designated as “W.”
- All general education requirements.
- At least 30 credits in a minor.
- Minimum of 180 college-level credits.
- Minimum of 60 upper-division credits (3000–4999).