SPU’s Family and Consumer Sciences Department awards a number of gift scholarships to currently enrolled SPU students who plan to continue as full-time undergraduate FCS students during the coming academic year.
Scholarships generally range from $500 to $2,500.
Lois C. Caldwell FCS Scholarship
- Preference given to, but not necessarily limited, to full-time, upper-division students pursuing a degree in the Family and Consumer Sciences program.
Dorothy Kennedy Scholarship
- Must have high scholastic standing and demonstrated leadership and service in the FCS Department.
FCS / Home Economics Alumni Scholarship
- Applicant must be completing sophomore or junior year at SPU; and be a declared major in FCS with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Other considerations include current and continuing professional involvement in FCS, communication skills, financial need, Christian commitment, and community involvement.
Dorothy Kreider Memorial Scholarship
- This endowment provides scholarships to a serious-minded and spiritually sensitive FCS student.
SIGMA RHO Scholarship Endowment
- Must be a current student in FCS Education program with at least a 2.8 GPA and junior class standing.
- In case of no qualified FCS Education student recipient, the scholarship may be awarded to (1) an Education major or (2) a FCS student specializing in an area other than education.
FCS Faculty and Staff Scholarship
- Applicant must be completing sophomore or junior year at SPU.
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0, a record of professional or community service, and clear professional goals.
How to apply
- Print and complete the FCS scholarship application (PDF).
- Applications are due April 1 each year in the FCS office in Peterson Hall.
- You must submit a typed scholarship application as a hard copy. Emailed applications will not be accepted.
- To be eligible, as a minimum, you must have successfully completed one course in your major at SPU. Other requirements are based on the specific scholarship.
- Only one application is required to be considered for each of the available scholarships.