- Prepare you for service and leadership.
- Develop professional competence.
- Balance academic preparation and teacher training.
- Develop character and ethical sensitivity.
- Be practical to ensure your success and confidence in the classroom.
To help you develop professional competence through:
- Background in theoretical knowledge
- Background in practical skills
- Skills in using technological and other resources
- Employment-related skills (finding the right job, forming good relationships with colleagues and supervisors)
- Initiation into the wider profession
To develop character and ethical sensitivity as you:
- Practice treating students and colleagues with respect and professionalism
- Practice responding appropriately to cultural differences and ethical dilemmas