Freshmen: Get Connected
Items to be completed
Complete at least 45 college-level credits and UCOR and UFDN 1000 to stay on track academically. Review your course options with your faculty advisor.
Be academically successful and know who can help you on your SPU journey.
Establish relationships by exploring academic courses and participating in campus events to meet peers.
Other things to consider
- Check out the campus calendars for important campus dates, both academic and events.
- Live a balanced life — academically, socially, and spiritually.
- Locate your classes by looking at your class schedule on Banner.
- Stay informed by regularly checking your email and the student e-newsletter Loopy.
- Explore student job opportunities through JobLink and Student Financial Services student employment page.
- Get involved with service opportunities through the John Perkins Center and University Ministries.
- Explore vocation and career options through the Center for Career and Calling.
- Know your final exams schedule early so you can be prepared.
- Once available, get information about summer school if you intend to take SPU courses during the summer. Learn how to transfer course credits to SPU if you take summer courses elsewhere.
Where you can get the inside scoop about life on campus and in Seattle. See what makes us uniquely SPU!