Sophomores: Chart a Course
Items to be completed
Complete at least 90 college-level credits and UCOR and UFDN 2000 to stay on track academically.
Explore vocation and career options through the Center for Career and Calling.
Talk to your faculty advisor; apply to your chosen major(s) and minor(s) by the end of your sophomore year in order to advance toward graduating on time. Application processes are managed by departments. Your faculty advisor can give you details for the major/minor application in the department.
Select a faculty advisor within your major by logging into Banner >> Student Menu >> Academic Process >> Change Advisor. After selecting your department of interest (this does not change your major), choose one of the available faculty advisors.
Explore study abroad options to gain in-depth exposure to foreign culture, language, and literature, and in some cases, fulfill major requirements.
Other things to consider
- Check out the campus calendars for important campus dates, both academic and events.
- Stay informed by regularly checking your email and the student e-newsletter Loopy.
- Live a balanced life — academically, socially, and spiritually.
- Explore vocation and career options through the Center for Career and Calling.
- Get involved with service opportunities through the John Perkins Center and University Ministries.
- Know your final exams schedule early so you can be prepared.
- Once available, get information about summer school if you intend to take SPU courses during the summer. Learn how to transfer course credits to SPU if you take summer courses elsewhere.
Want to get involved in the city? In the world? The Perkins Center at SPU can help you make a difference.