Your 1st Quarter at SPU: Start Strong
Professor of Educational Ministry
Items to be completed
Establish relationships by exploring academic courses and participating in campus events to meet peers.
Meet with your faculty advisor prior to registering each quarter to help clarify your academic goals and select the classes you need.
Be present! Attend classes, unless an absence is prearranged with your instructor.
Sign up for SPU Alert to be notified immediately through your mobile phone and email in case of a campus emergency.
Other things to consider
- Locate your classes by looking at your class schedule on Banner.
- Explore student job opportunities through JobLink and Student Financial Services student employment page.
- Check out the campus calendars for important campus dates, both academic and events.
- Get involved with service opportunities through the John Perkins Center and/or University Ministries.
- Know your final exams schedule early so you can be prepared.
Meet a Professor
An author and speaker, Associate Professor of Reconciliation Studies Brenda Salter McNeil says we must leave our comfort zones.