Welcome to the School of Business, Government,
and Economics at Seattle Pacific University
The School of Business, Government, and Economics (SBGE) at SPU is anchored at the crossroads of commerce and civil society, offering exceptional academic programs with supporting co-curricular opportunities that enrich your educational experience and further our mission to advance human flourishing.
Guided by our high quality faculty, we combine personal attention to our students, which is distinctive of a liberal arts college, with the vast array of resources and possibilities afforded by our location in Seattle on the Pacific Rim.
- Our Christian world view informs our focused emphasis on ethical practices and drives our efforts to serve others.
- Our AACSB accredited graduate programs in business and information systems offer convenience without sacrificing quality.
- A wide range of undergraduate majors and minors in Accounting and Business Administration (both AACSB accredited), Economics, Global Development, and Political Science prepare our students with the 21st century competencies needed to make positive contributions throughout their lives.
- Mission-focused hubs such as our Center for Integrity in Business and Center for Applied Learning demonstrate our ongoing commitment to ethics and real-world experience that are especially distinctive of our school. Our active participation as a PRME "Champion" is another example of our focus.
- As the commercial and industrial heart of the Pacific Northwest, Seattle and the Puget Sound region afford our students countless opportunities for internships, networking, and service while also drawing upon the resources and support of hundreds of area professionals from government, business, and industry who partner to support our students.
Our dedicated faculty and staff are passionate about our mission and are here to serve you with professionalism and personal attention, helping you develop the knowledge, skills, and experience needed to reach your goals and live out your calling.
We see great synergy in leveraging our suite of programs for the common good, partnering with appropriate institutional structures, and developing solutions for secure livelihoods and dignity for all. Take advantage of what SBGE has to offer and prepare yourself for an interdisciplinary, complex, and globally interconnected world. We invite you to join us to build a foundation for a life of meaningful service.
About the Dean
Dr. Ross Stewart is the sixth dean of the SPU School of Business, Government, and Economics, founded in 1977.
Dr. Stewart is no stranger to SPU. A native of New Zealand, Ross came to SPU in 1986, after completing his PhD in Accounting at the University of Glasgow in Scotland. Dr. Stewart has also earned a Masters of Theological Studies from Regent College and a Masters and Bachelors of Commerce from the University of Auckland. He has been a Chartered Accountant (New Zealand) since 1980.
For over 30 years, Dr. Stewart has served the SPU community and SBGE in a variety of leadership positions, including his recent service as the co-champion of the SPU Global Initiative. He has been the recipient of numerous awards, held the position as Joseph C. Hope Professor of Leadership and Ethics, and was named in 2009 the SPU Faculty Teacher of the Year. In 2012, Dr. Stewart also served as a Fulbright Scholar at Daystar University in Kenya.
Visit Dr. Stewart’s faculty profile.