Assistant Professor of Marketing
Office: McKenna Hall 211
Education: BBA, Mississippi State University, 1982; MBA, Mississippi State University, 1983; DBA, Mississippi State University, 1988. At SPU since 2009.
During her academic career Vicki Eveland has taught a variety of graduate and undergraduate marketing courses and has been recognized for her teaching excellence by both students and peers. Dr. Eveland has won teaching awards for innovative teaching and for incorporating technology in the classroom. She is a member of one of SPU’s Active Learning Spaces Learning Communities. Prior to moving to the Seattle area in 2009, she was a professor of marketing at Mercer University in Macon, Georgia, and a professor of integrated marketing communication at Florida State University.
Additionally, Dr. Eveland brings "real world" elements to her teaching because of her consulting experience. She has been a marketing consultant for a variety of nonprofit, government, and corporate entities including the state government of Florida, the Florida Center for Drug Prevention Research, Middle Georgia Regional Development Center, U.S. Air Force, United Way, Methodist Children’s Home, Mead Data Central, NCR, Iams Dog Food, Proctor and Gamble, and Lamar Advertising.
Dr. Eveland has also served as a qualitative research facilitator at Brandware Group. She has published 40 articles in a variety of journals and proceedings including Journal of Promotion Management, Journal of Marketing Management, Journal of Marketing for Higher Education, Journal of Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Marketing, Journal of Nonprofit and Public Sector Marketing, Health Marketing Quarterly, Computers in Human Behavior, Journal of Health Care Marketing, Journal of Professional Services Marketing, Journal of Advertising Research, Journal of Marketing Management, and Journal of Managerial Issues. She has also presented research at a number of regional, national, and international marketing conferences and was an investigator in a major HUD grant. Dr. Eveland's current research focus is on the impact of corporate social responsibility on brand preference.
- "Role of the Internet Site in the Promotion Management of Sports Teams and Franchise Brands," Journal of Promotion Management, May 2012 (with Steven McClung, Daniel Sweeney, and Jeffrey James).
- "Rethinking the First Year for Increasing Retention of Business School Students," Journal of Education for Business, 2008 (with Tammy Crutchfield).
- "Marketing Online Degree Programs: How Do Traditional-Residential Programs Compete?" Journal of Marketing for Higher Education, Vol. 17, No. 1, 2007 (with Jonathan Adams).
- "Understanding Why People Do Not Give: Strategic Funding Concerns for AIDS-Related Nonprofits," Journal of Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Marketing, Vol. 12, Issue 1, 2007, pp. 1–12. (with Tammy Crutchfield).
- "Understanding Why People Give: Help for Struggling AIDS-Related Nonprofits," Journal of Nonprofit and Public Sector Marketing, Vol. 12, No. 1, 2004 (with Tammy Crutchfield).
Please view Dr. Eveland's CV (PDF) for additional publications.