Generally, you must have at least a 3.0 GPA in your undergraduate studies and evidence of at least one year of continuous, full-time, substantive work experience after receipt of the bachelor's degree on your résumé. GMAT or GRE test scores are not required for applicants who demonstrate strong alignment with the program’s goals and who have at least a 3.0 cumulative undergraduate GPA. (Scores may be requested from those who do not meet the minimum requirements for admission.)
Applicants must submit the following:
- Online application and $50 application processing fee.
- Current résumé as evidence of a substantive work experience. You will need at least one full year, continuous full-time, post-bachelor’s degree experience at the time of application. More is preferred. This is a significant factor in the admission decision process. Applicants with less than 1-year of post-baccalaureate professional work experience, but who are otherwise strong candidates and are currently employed in a meaningful professional role may be considered.
- Official transcript from colleges or universities attended. Include the transcript from the institution that granted your bachelor’s degree with the posted degree appearing on the transcript. Also send official transcripts for all institutions attended following your undergraduate degree, as well as any other schools where you earned credits that may be used to request waivers of pre-MBA courses.
- Two professional letters of recommendation listed in the online application (optional).
- Personal statement (3-4 pages) responding to the essay questions listed in the online application.
International Student Applicants
In addition to the above requirements, international students must also submit:
In addition to the evaluation report, all official transcripts must be submitted in English. International applicants are responsible for all costs associated with this service.
You may request conditional admittance into the School of Business, Government, and Economics under these conditions:
- You are a student who needs an F-1 visa to study in the United States.
- You have graduated from an accredited four-year institution. Your transcript must show completion of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- You have achieved at least a 3.0 GPA on the US 4.0 scale.
- You have a minimum of at least one year, continuous full-time, post-bachelor’s degree experience at the time of application. You will be required to submit a résumé with job titles, duties, start date and end date (month and year), Internships and job training are not accepted as full-time employment.
If approved, you will receive a Conditional Letter of Admission from SPU. Conditional admission assures that you will be considered for admission, if you satisfy all admission requirements at the time of your intended enrollment.
Please complete this form to request conditional admission to a graduate program in the SPU School of Business, Government, and Economics.
The application for admission, application fee, and personal statement must be received by the dates listed below. Recommendation letters, official transcripts, and test scores must arrive before an admission decision can be made.
|International applicants attending on an F-1 visa
(International applicants who do not need an F-1 visa may adhere to the above deadlines.)
||Admission not available for F-1 visa students
Visiting Graduate Students
If you have been admitted to a graduate degree program in another accredited institution, you may enroll for up to 9 credits at Seattle Pacific University — with the approval of the School of Business, Government, and Economics.
To gain admission as a visiting graduate student, you must submit:
Online application and $50 application processing fee.
Letter from the dean’s office at your home institution stating that you are in good standing at that institution.
You may take up to three business foundations courses if you have an undergraduate degree (as evidenced by an official transcript from an accredited institution); a minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0; and a minimum of one year full-time, post-baccalaureate work experience (as evidenced by a current résumé).
As a pre-qualified student, you may not take advanced courses. Pre-qualified status does not guarantee future admission.