Anticipated 2017-18 Program Costs
|Tuition and Fees
|Summer Tuition (8 credits)
|Autumn Tuition (15 credits)
|Winter Tuition (12 credits)
|Spring Tuition (10 credits)
Anticipated fees for the costs of books, other required learning materials, and activities not included in tuition is $2,200 and $6,500 for the study-abroad trip (passport and travel vaccination costs are extra). These fees will be assessed in association with specific courses across the program. (Tuition and fee estimates are subject to final approval expected in early 2017.)
Scholarships will be awarded competitively based on an applicant’s promise for success and financial need (funding gap; based on FAFSA data). Preference will be given to Early Decision applicants. The scholarship awards will be applied to Spring tuition. Available scholarships include:
- Reconciliation Scholar This scholarship will be awarded to a human trafficking survivor or member of a traditionally underrepresented ethnic group.
- College Success Foundation Scholar This scholarship will be awarded to an applicant who has earned their degree as a College Success Foundation participant.
- Service Scholar This scholarship will be awarded to a Peace Corps, AmeriCorps, Teach for America, City Team, or similar extended post-baccalaureate service corps participant.
- Social Enterprise/Community Development Scholar This scholarship will be granted to a student with a social enterprise or community development background.
- Global Scholar This scholarship will be awarded to an international student (attending on an F-1 visa).
- Yellow-ribbon Scholar This scholarship will be granted to a student who is a U.S. military veteran.
- SPU Scholar This scholarship will be granted to a student who earned their degree from SPU.
You may pursue financing the costs through student loans and other scholarship/grant awarding organizations.
Because of the intensity of the program, its emphasis on teamwork and the scope of in-class and out-of-class activities, employment during the program should not exceed 8-10 hours/week. Assistance in obtaining an off-campus paid internship is available. (Approval from the Program Director is required and depends on assurance that the employment will not interfere with coursework, teamwork, professional development, and related program events.)
Research Assistantships Part-time student employment as a research assistant will be awarded competitively to those desiring to support faculty research projects and program operations.