Determine which category you belong in:
- I have never received credits or clock hours through Seattle Pacific University. (Proceed to Step 4.)
- I have taken a course through Seattle Pacific University before but I do not know my SPU username or password. (Proceed to Step 2.)
- I have taken a course through Seattle Pacific University before and I know my SPU username and password. (Proceed to Step 4.)
- I have no idea! Help! (Proceed to Step 3.)
Acquire your SPU login information (username and password). If you already know this information, please proceed to Step 4.
- Go to www.spu.edu/findmyid.
- Select "New user setup."
- Enter either Email Address or SPU ID or SSN and Birthdate and select "Find Me."
- Follow the directions to set up your user information. **Make sure to write this information down and keep it in an easy to find location as you will need these things to register.
- If you receive an error message, please contact the SPU Distance Learning office at 800-482-3848 or SPU's Computer HelpDesk at 206-281-2982.
If you are unsure of what category you belong in, please proceed to Step 4 and register online. If you receive an error message that your information already exists in the system, follow the directions in Step 2 to find your login information and proceed to Step 4 again.
Please proceed to online registration (helpful tips are below for your convenience).
- Go to www.spu.edu/cperegistration/CESTESL.
- You will be prompted to enter the registration password given to you by S-TESL.
- Login with your SPU username and password OR if this is your first time registering with SPU you will create an account after adding the course(s) to your schedule.
- Search for the course by the CRN number(s) given to you by S-TESL (if there are multiple CRNs, separate with a comma: i.e. 10, 11, 12, 13).
- Once you see your class(es) on the left, click on the "Detailed View" to see that the course information corresponds with the course you need. Because there are multiple sections of each course, be sure to double-check the CRN/Instructor/Start Date for an exact match to ensure you are registering for the correct class. Note: "Campus: Main" may be listed as class location. Please disregard this; all classes are located at The School of Teaching ESL and not the SPU main campus.
- Click the "Add" button. Repeat these steps as needed for additional classes. When all classes are added to your Schedule Builder, click the "View and Continue Registration" button.
- After re-confirming that these are the classes you want to register for, click the "Register" button. You will be prompted to choose the Start Date. Select the desired date and continue following registration prompts.
- If you need to set up your SPU account, you will now be prompted to do so, otherwise you will be sent directly to the payment page.
- Click "Submit Payment" and follow instructions. Note: you must disable your pop-up blockers to reach the payment page.
- You will receive a payment confirmation from SPU.
If you have any further questions about registering online, please contact the Distance Learning office at 800-482-3848.