To apply for admission into the ARC–Online program, please submit the following items and credentials:
- Graduate application form
- Official college/university degree transcript(s) from a regionally-accredited institution
- If your degree is not from a U.S. college or university, please arrange for your transcript to be evaluated by an accredited transcript evaluation company such as FIS or WES. Have the report forwarded directly to the Graduate Center.
- GRE (Graduate Record Exam) or MAT (Miller Analogies Test) scores taken within five years of application.
- On the former GRE exam, preferred minimum combined Verbal and Quantitative score of 950
- On the revised GRE exam, preferred minimum scores of Verbal: 148 and Quantitative: 147
- On the MAT, preferred minimum scaled score of 400*
- Passing WEST-B scores
- Applicants may use their SAT (post-2005) and ACT scores to meet part or all of the WEST-B requirements. Please contact the Graduate Center if you have any questions.
- Minimum SAT scores required - Math: 515, Reading: 500, Writing: 490
- Minimum ACT scored required - Math: 22, Reading: 22, Writing: 8
- Passing State Endorsement Test.
- Endorsement verification form (for information about endorsements, contact Dr. Greg Gelderman at email@example.com)
- Two to four letters of recommendation
- Letter of Support (Site Agreement) from employing school system
- OSPI character and fitness supplement
- Moral and Character Policy Form
- One- to two-page personal statement
- Professional resume
- $50 application fee
*The Graduate Record Exam (GRE) or Miller Analogies Test (MAT) will be waived for students who achieved at least a 3.0 cumulative undergraduate GPA, or a 3.0 in the last 45 quarter credits of completed coursework, or have already completed a master’s or doctoral degree.
Plan to register for the WEST-B and WEST-E exams before or during summer quarter (Note: the WEST-B and WEST-E exams are state requirements.They must be passed in order to earn a Washington teaching certificate).
March 1. (Late applications will be accepted and reviewed on a case-by-case basis.)
Find information about this Program Overview, Program Outline, and Admission Requirements.