To apply for admission into the ARC–Online program, please submit the following items and credentials:
- Graduate application form
- Official college/university degree transcript(s) from a regionally-accredited institution
- GRE (Graduate Record Exam) or MAT (Miller Analogies Test) scores taken within five years of application. Preferred minimum combined verbal and quantitative score of 950 on the old GRE test. On the revised GRE, preferred minimum of verbal - 148 and quantitative - 147. Preferred minimum scaled score of 400 for MAT.*
- Passing WEST-B and WEST-E scores1
- Endorsement verification form (for information about endorsements, contact Dr. Greg Gelderman at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Two to four letters of recommendation
- Letter of Support (Site Agreement) from employing school system
- OSPI character and fitness supplement
- Moral and Character Policy Form
- One- to two-page personal statement
- Professional resume
- $50 application fee
*The Graduate Record Exam (GRE) or Miller Analogies Test (MAT) will be waived for students who achieved at least a 3.0 cumulative undergraduate GPA, or a 3.0 in the last 45 quarter credits of completed coursework, or have already completed a master’s or doctoral degree.
1Beginning in 2014, applicants may use their SAT (post-2005) and ACT scores to meet part or all of the WEST B requirements. Minimum SAT scores required: 515 Math; 500 Reading; 490 Writing. Minimum ACT scored required: 22 Math; 22 Reading; 8 Writing.
Plan to register for the WEST-B and WEST-E exams before or during summer quarter (Note: the WEST-B and WEST-E exams are state requirements.They must be passed in order to earn a Washington teaching certificate.)
March 1. (Late applications will be accepted and reviewed on a case-by-case basis.)
Find information about this Program Overview, Program Outline, and Admission Requirements.