Admission Information: Education (EdD)
A limited number of students are admitted to SPU’s EdD program each year. Applicants will have at least a bachelor’s degree (bachelor’s degree to doctorate requires a minimum of 135 quarter credits) or a master’s degree (master’s degree to doctorate requires a minimum of 90 quarter credits) from a regionally accredited college or university.
Applicants must submit the following items to the Graduate Center:
- Application and $50 application processing fee.
- Official transcripts documenting excellent undergraduate and graduate GPAs from an accredited institution where an academic degree was conferred. Include post-master’s degree graduate coursework.
- Personal statement expressing your professional plans, goals, and focus of study, as well as a rationale for pursuing an EdD. No more than 500 words.
GRE or MAT:
- GRE-revised test score taken within five years of application. Preferred minimum combined score of 1100 on old GRE test. On revised GRE, preferred minimum Verbal Reasoning – 151; Quantitative Reasoning – 149.
- MAT (Miller Analogies Test) — Scaled score of 400.
- Four recent letters of recommendation, including two academic and two professional recommendations.
- Resume documenting a minimum of three years of successful experience at the P-12 level or other similar educational setting.
Following the submission of all of these items, your file will be reviewed by the core graduate faculty. You will be contacted regarding the status of your application, and to schedule an interview, within approximately two weeks.
All correspondence regarding the interview process will be carried out by email using the address you provide in the application. Please set your email filters accordingly.
Autumn Quarter: August 15
Winter Quarter: November 15
Spring Quarter: February 15
Summer Session: May 15
Contact the Graduate Center at 800-601-0603 or email@example.com.