Admission Information: Doctor of Education (EdD)
Applicants will have a master’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university. For more information on requirements for the EdD, review this document.
To apply for admission, submit the following items to Graduate Admissions:
- A graduate application and a $50 processing fee.
- A transcript from each college/university where a degree was obtained, a professional certification program was completed, and any graduate coursework was taken. These must be official transcripts and remain sealed in the original envelopes. Transcripts may be mailed directly to Graduate Admissions at SPU.
- Scores from either the Miller Analogies Test (MAT) or the Graduate Record Exam (GRE). Official results must be sent directly to Graduate Admissions at SPU. Test scores must be less than five years old to be valid. However, if the applicant has a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher (or 3.0 or higher on the most recent 45 quarter credits), MAT or GRE scores are waived.
- Two letters of recommendation. These letters should provide a current assessment of qualifications relative to past and future service in the professional setting and capability for graduate study. Recommendations should come from present principals, supervisors, colleagues, or former professors.
- A personal statement. Applicants are to submit a one- to two-page Word document (or PDF) that includes a statement of personal academic and professional goals.
- A professional résumé or CV.
Application deadline for Autumn 2017
August 1, 2017
Application and Admissions Questions
Office: Graduate Admissions
Seattle Pacific University
3307 Third Avenue West, Suite 111
Seattle, WA 98119-1922
Your source for information on all SPU graduate programs, as well as admissions and events.