Admission Information: Master of Education (MEd)
in Educational Leadership
Applicants will have at least a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university. The MEd in Educational Leadership admits candidates each quarter.
Applicants must submit the following items to the Graduate Admissions.
- Application and $50 application processing fee.
- Copy of current Washington state teaching certificate, front and back (not required for Program Administrator Certification candidates).
- Official transcript(s) from each college/university attended.
- If your degree is not from a U.S. college or university, please arrange for your transcript to be evaluated by an accredited transcript evaluation company such as FIS or WES. Have the report forwarded directly to Graduate Admissions.
- Personal statement (1–2 pages).
- GRE (Graduate Record Exam) or (MAT) Miller Analogies Test scores taken within five years of application.
- On the former GRE exam, preferred minimum combined Verbal and Quantitative score of 950
- On the revised GRE exam, preferred minimum scores of Verbal: 148 and Quantitative: 147
- On the MAT, preferred minimum scaled score of 400*
- Two letters of recommendation (one supervisory, one professional).
- Recommendations must come from present principals and other school administrators who recommend support of the applicant's pursuit of administrative certification.
- At least one of the letters must be from a school-district level administrator who affirms district support for the candidate to conduct a year-long administrative internship, school-based for principal certification and/or district based for a program administrator.
- Verification of Experience Form - required for anyone seeking a Washington State Principal Certificate.
*The GRE or MAT will be waived for students who achieved at least either a 3.0 cumulative undergraduate GPA, or a 3.0 in the last 45 credits of completed undergraduate coursework.
Autumn Quarter: August 15
Winter Quarter: November 15
Spring Quarter: February 15
Summer Session: May 15
Application and Admissions Questions
Office: Graduate Center
Seattle Pacific University
3307 Third Avenue West, Suite 111
Seattle, WA 98119-1922
Your source for information on all SPU graduate programs, as well as admissions and events.