Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university. The MEd in Educational Leadership admits candidates each quarter.
Applicants must submit the following items to Graduate Admissions:
- Application and $50 application processing fee.
- Copy of Residency Teacher certificate or Educational Staff Associate (ESA) certificate or Career Tech Educator (CTE) certificate (for principal certificate candidates only).
- Official transcript documenting bachelor's degree (including official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended).
- Note, to be considered official, transcripts must be received in a sealed envelope from the college or university. Transcripts may be delivered to Graduate Admissions as long as they remain in their original, unopened university envelope. Electronic transcripts received via eSCRIP-SAFE or Parchment Exchange are also acceptable.
- If your degree is not from a US college or university, please arrange for your transcript to be evaluated by an accredited transcript-evaluation company, such as FIS or WES. Have the report forwarded directly to Graduate Admissions.
- Personal statement (1–2 pages).
- Present a GPA of at least 3.0 (4.0 = A) in the last 45 quarter credits of coursework completed.*
- Two letters of recommendation (one supervisory, one professional).
- A recommendation must come from the current administrative supervisor (principal and/or other school administrator) who has direct knowledge of the applicant's abilities and potential for a leadership position and will recommend support of the applicant's pursuit of administrative certification.
- The second letter of recommendation must come from another school administrator or if possible a district–level administrator who affirms the applicant’s abilities and potential for an administrative internship.
- District Acknowledgment of Future Administrative Internship Form is required for all applicants pursuing an internship for a Washington State Administrative certificate.
- Prerequisite Experience for a Principal's Certificate Form is required for anyone pursuing a Washington State Principal Certificate.
*The GRE (Graduate Record Exam) or (MAT) Miller Analogies Test will be required if GPA is less than 3.0. On the GRE, preferred minimum scores of Verbal: 148 and Quantitative: 147. On the MAT, preferred minimum scaled score of 400.
Autumn Quarter: August 15
Winter Quarter: November 15
Spring Quarter: February 15
Summer Session: May 15
Application and Admissions Questions
Office: Graduate Admissions
Seattle Pacific University
3307 Third Avenue West, Suite 115-G
Seattle, WA 98119-1922