Admission Information: Master of Education (MEd) in Teacher Leadership
Applicants will have a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university and a current Washington state teaching certificate.
To apply for admission, submit the following items to the Graduate Center:
- Application and $50 application processing fee
- Copy of current Washington state teaching certificate, front and back.
- Official transcript(s) from each college/university attended.
- Personal statement (1-2 pages)
- GRE (Graduate Record Exam) or MAT (Miller Analogies Test) scores taken within five years of application.
- On the former GRE exam, preferred minimum combined Verbal and Quantitative score of 950
- On the revised GRE exam, preferred minimum scores of Verbal: 148 and Quantitative: 147
- On the MAT, preferred minimum scaled score of 400*
- Two letters of recommendation, at least one of which addresses your leadership abilities and potential.
* The Graduate Record Exam (GRE) or Miller Analogies Test (MAT) will be waived for students who achieved at least a 3.0 cumulative undergraduate GPA, or a 3.0 in the last 45 credits of completed coursework.
August 31, 2015
Application and Admissions Questions
Office: Graduate Admissions
Seattle Pacific University
3307 Third Avenue West, Suite 111
Seattle, WA 98119-1922
Coming to a City Near You
SPU’s School of Education is now accepting applications to MEd in Teacher Leadership cohorts in the Lake Washington School District, Issaquah School District, and Olympic Educational Service District 114, with more locations to come. To learn more, contact Robin Henrikson at firstname.lastname@example.org or