Applicants will have a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university and a current Washington state teaching certificate.
To apply for admission, submit the following items to the Graduate Admissions:
- Application and $50 application processing fee
- Copy of current Washington state teaching certificate
- Official transcript - Bachelor's Degree (including official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended)
- Note: to be considered official, transcripts must be received in a sealed envelope from the college or university. Transcripts may be delivered to Graduate Admissions as long as they remain in their original, unopened university envelope. Electronic transcripts received via eSCRIP-SAFE or Parchment Exchange is also acceptable.
- Personal statement (1-2 pages)
- Present a GPA of at least 3.0 (4.0 = A) in the last 45 quarter credits of coursework completed.*
- Two letters of recommendation - supervisor, professional, or academic. At least one of these recommendations must address your leadership abilities and potential.
*The GRE (Graduate Record Exam) or MAT (Miller Analogies Test) will be required if GPA is less than 3.0. On the GRE, preferred minimum scores of Verbal: 148 and Quantitative: 147. On the MAT, preferred minimum scaled score of 400.
Space is limited. Apply now to join the Autumn cohort. Early applicants will receive priority consideration.
Application and Admissions Questions
Office: Graduate Admissions
Seattle Pacific University
3307 Third Avenue West, Suite 115-G
Seattle, WA 98119-1922