Admission Information: Master of Education (MEd) in Teacher Leadership
Applicants will have a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university and a current Washington state teaching certificate.
To apply for admission, submit the following items to the Graduate Admissions:
- Application and $50 application processing fee
- Copy of current Washington state teaching certificate
- Official transcript - Bachelor's Degree (including official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended)
- Note: to be considered official, transcripts must be received in a sealed envelope from the college or university. Transcripts may be delivered to Graduate Admissions as long as they remain in their original, unopened university envelope. Electronic transcripts received via eSCRIP-SAFE or Parchment Exchange is also acceptable.
- Personal statement (1-2 pages)
- GRE (Graduate Record Exam) or MAT (Miller Analogies Test) scores taken within five years of application.
- On the GRE, preferred minimum scores of Verbal: 148 and Quantitative: 147
- On the MAT, preferred minimum scaled score of 400*
- Two letters of recommendation - supervisor, professional, or academic. At least one of these recommendations must address your leadership abilities and potential.
* The Graduate Record Exam (GRE) or Miller Analogies Test (MAT) will be waived for students who achieved at least a 3.0 cumulative undergraduate GPA, or a 3.0 in the last 45 credits of completed coursework.
Application and Admissions Questions
Office: Graduate Admissions
Seattle Pacific University
3307 Third Avenue West, Suite 115-G
Seattle, WA 98119-1922
Coming to a City Near You
SPU’s School of Education is now accepting applications to MEd in Teacher Leadership cohorts in the Lake Washington School District, Issaquah School District, and Olympic Educational Service District 114, with more locations to come. To learn more, contact Robin Henrikson at email@example.com or