Who we are
SPU is recognized throughout the region for the superior quality of both its Nursing and its Health and Human Performance programs, as well as for the competence and character of its graduates. SPU alumni are daily using their knowledge, skill, and care to make a profound difference in the lives of thousands of people, engaging their communities and making a difference in the 21st century.
At SPU you’ll find faculty members who are committed to preparing you for success in the professional community. This means that personal, individual attention will be a significant part of your academic experience. What’s more, SPU faculty members bring real-world experience to your program, making coursework stimulating and clinically relevant.
Based on our commitment to Christian values, we seek to partner with the community to develop graduates who engage the culture, change the world, and:
- Serve all people with the highest level of professional care
- Demonstrate competence in a diverse and changing environment
- Act with wisdom, character, and caring
- Demonstrate leadership in all aspects of their careers
- Promote optimum health of body, mind, and spirit
Our core values
- Caring presence