Apply to your HHP major or minor

If you are a current SPU student and want to major or minor in Health and Human Performance, you must make formal application and follow the steps below.

Here are the steps to apply to the Health and Fitness Education major (BA), the Exercise Science major (BS), the Health and Fitness Education minor, the Exercise Science minor, or the Coaching Science minor in the Health and Human Performance program:

  1. Verify that you have the required minimum GPA of 2.5 in at least 9 credits taken at SPU that apply to the specific major or minor to which you’re applying.
  2. Apply online » 
    Online application instructions »

If you have questions, you can email or call 206-281-2784.


HHP Lab and Equipment

Get hands-on experience in the Lab as you learn how the human body responds to physical activity, exercise, and more.

“You don't have to be world class at anything. But to really appreciate the variety of opportunities in life, you have to stay active.”
JoAnn Atwell-Scrivner
Assistant Professor of Physical Education