Medical placement includes the following:
- 10 hours a week on-site in a medical clinic
- Clinical case load with patients referred by clinic physicians and nurses
- Charting and hallway consultations with referring physicians
- Weekly on-campus small-group supervision
- Monthly medical consultations with UW Family Resident physicians
How to secure medical placement
SPU’s MedFT program has relationships with several community outpatient medical clinics. We are usually able to place students in one of these clinics. On occasion, however, we will need to work with you to find a suitable site based on your interests and site availability. Some medical clinic placements require applications and interviews prior to a mutual decision.
Medical clinic sites are located in the greater Seattle area and Tacoma. The majority of these clinics are outpatient family practice and specialty clinics where students work with attending doctors and nurses to serve their patients and families.
Examples of current medical clinics include:
- University of Washington Family Practice Residency
- Harborview Family Practice Residency
- Swedish Radiation Oncology — Stevens
- The Seattle Arthritis Clinic
- Healthpoint Family Practice Clinics
- Dr. Barbara Levy’s Gynecology Clinic