Your medical placement in the MedFT program includes the following:
- 10 hours a week on-site in a medical clinic
- Clinical case load with patients referred by clinic physicians and nurses
- Charting and hallway consultations with referring physicians
- Weekly on-campus small group supervision
- Monthly medical consultations with UW Family Resident Physicians
How do I get a medical placement?
SPU’s MedFT program has relationships with several community outpatient medical clinics. We are usually able to place students in one of these clinics. However on occasion we will need to work with you to find a suitable site based on your interests and site availability. Some medical clinic placements require applications and interviews prior to a mutual decision.
Medical clinic sites are located in the greater Seattle area and Tacoma. The majority of these clinics are outpatient family practice and specialty clinics where students work with attending doctors and nurses to serve their patients and families.
Examples of current medical clinics include:
- Swedish Medical Group primary care clinics (various locations)
- Swedish Cancer Institute radiation oncology clinics (various locations)
- Swedish Lytle Center for Pregnancy and Newborns
- The Polyclinic (various locations)