Student research activities
A distinctive of SPFC is its extensive undergraduate and graduate student research program under the supervision of faculty mentors. Students at all degree levels and from all academic programs participate in the annual Student Research Conference. Examples of student research from the 2014–15 academic year include:
- 58 SPFC undergraduate and 93 graduate students participated in research projects alongside faculty mentors.
- 10 doctoral students successfully presented dissertation proposals, and 15 successfully defended their completed dissertation research.
- Six graduate students received external awards or recognitions.
- 101 undergraduate and graduate students and alumni co-authored with faculty 92 research papers or posters presented at state, regional, national, or international professional conferences.
- 62 SPFC undergraduate and graduate students and alumni co-authored with faculty 20 scholarly publications.