If you’ve ever wondered whether seminary was for you, Seattle Pacific Seminary invites you to explore your calling and vocation at Discernment Weekend on February 22 and 23.
Discernment Weekend offers a day and a half of teaching, prayer, discussion, thoughtful challenge, worship, fellowship, and food with Seattle Pacific Seminary faculty, and students, along with others who are considering seminary.
Friday and Saturday, February 22 and 23, 2013
SPU campus, Kingswood House (adjacent to campus), and downtown Seattle
- Friday and Saturday: $25 (includes lunch and dinner on Friday, and breakfast on Saturday)
- Friday only: $20 (includes lunch and dinner)
- Meet SPS faculty and students.
- Learn about our MDiv, MA in Theology, and Dual Degree programs.
- Participate in thoughtful discussions from SPS faculty on vocation and discernment.
- Talk with SPS students about their discernment process and Seminary experience.
- Engage in prayerful discernment in worship and community with others.
- Get to know students over late-night social outings in Downtown Seattle.
Register online, call 206-281-2342, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Friday, February 22
|| Q&A with current seminarians|
|| Vocation and Discernment|
|| Briefing on Taize worship|
|| Travel to St. James Cathedral|
|| Taize worship at St. James Cathedral|
|| Seattle excursion|
Saturday, February 23
|| Devotions in Alexander Chapel|
|| Breakfast at the Kingswood House|
|| Calling in the Gospel of Luke|
|| Prayer and Commissioning|