So now we are recruiting SoulCare leaders to facilitate these small groups, which offers you an opportunity to:
- advance your leadership skills
- engage in the SPU community and invest in fellow students’ spiritual lives
- serve under the mentorship of a Seattle Pacific Seminary student
Click here to access the Leader Application.
SoulCare leaders use their leadership and relational skills to help those involved in the group mature in Christian formation by facilitating conversation around the state of their soul and how it relates to God.
Weekly Responsibilities (5-6 hours per week):
- Attend Leader Training class, THEO 3780, and prepare with weekly reading and reflection*
- Attend mentor group meeting with a trained Seattle Pacific Seminary Intern
- Attend your Wesleyan Small Group and within your group:
- Establish WSG Ground Rules and hold the group accountable to them
- Clearly explain group expectations to participants
- Cultivate a safe and sacred space for all group members
- Ask and discuss the question, "How goes it with your soul?"
- Facilitate the conversation and encourage students to share
- Be vulnerable with your group
- Pray regularly for the members in your group by name
- Track attendance online by noon every Friday
*only required during your first quarter of leading a group
- Attend pre-quarter Orientation
- Register for THEO 3780
- Schedule and show up to 2 one-on-ones with mentor
- Post-quarter feedback survey
Learn more about what Wesleyan Small Group leadership offers you.
Application deadline: Thursday, February 1, 2018. Apply now.