We are recruiting SoulCare leaders for the 2018-2019 school year to facilitate these Wesleyan small groups (WSGs). The SoulCare leadership program offers you an opportunity to:
- advance your leadership skills
- engage in the SPU community and invest in fellow students’ spiritual lives
- serve under the mentorship of a Seattle Pacific Seminary student
Click here to access the Leader Application.
SoulCare leaders meet weekly with a small group of UFDN 1000 students to ask and answer the question, "How goes it with your soul?" Leaders are mentored by a seminarian, and receive ongoing leadership training through a free one-credit class (THEO 3780/4780). This position is a year-long commitment of up to 5-6 hours per week, and is paid approximately $300 per quarter.
- Attend a pre-quarter Orientation, once per quarter
- Register for and attend the weekly THEO 3780/4780 class each quarter* (Wednesdays, 5:30 - 6:30 pm)
- Lead your Wesleyan Small Group:
- Ask and discuss the question, "How goes it with your soul?"
- Cultivate a safe and sacred space for all group members
- Establish WSG ground rules and hold the group accountable to them
- Track group attendance weekly via Google Docs
- Attend weekly mentor group meeting:
- Autumn Quarter: Wednesdays, 6:30 - 7:30 pm, following THEO 3780/4780*
- Winter and Spring Quarters: Wednesdays, 6:00 - 7:00 pm
- Schedule 2 one-on-ones with seminary mentor per quarter
- Complete feedback surveys
- Complete and submit timesheets
- Be attentive to email communication
* THEO 3780/4780 meets weekly as a class Autumn Quarter. In Winter and Spring Quarters, leaders register for THEO 4780 for the credit, although the class does not meet.
For more information about 2018-2019 small group meeting times, please see the Job Description.
Learn more about what Wesleyan Small Group leadership offers you.
Application deadline: Monday, April 16, 2018. Apply now.