To apply for summer housing, you must be a continuing residential student in good standing with the University and fall into one of the following categories:
- Be enrolled for Summer Session(s) 2017, or
- Be enrolled for Autumn Quarter 2017, or
- Be a graduating senior
If there is more demand than supply for summer housing, priority will be given to students registered for summer classes.
Summer housing residents are required to contract from June 11–September 11, 2017. If you choose to move out of summer housing at any time prior to September 11, you will be responsible for the entire contract fee.
How to apply
Access the housing portal via the student menu on Banner or go to spu.edu/housingapp. From the welcome page, select “application” in the menu bar to begin.
If your Summer Housing application is received:
- By May 5, you will receive your assignment on May 29.
- After May 5, your application will be processed as space permits.
If you have an outstanding balance on your student account at the end of the school year, you must receive approval from Student Financial Services before you can be assigned to summer housing. We are unable to make exceptions to this policy, so be sure to provide enough time to work through any financial issues prior to the application deadline.
Location and cost
The Falcon Apartments and the Emerson Triplex will be used this year.
- 2-Person Unit: $2,252 per person
- 4-Person Unit: $1,877 per person
Check-in and check-out dates
Summer Housing residents are able to move in according to the dates below. Please plan accordingly, as staff will be available during these time frames only.
- Summer Housing Check-In: June 11, 3–7 p.m.
- Summer Housing Check-Out: September 11, 3–4 p.m.
- Autumn Housing Check-In: September 11, 4–7 p.m.
Canceling an application
To cancel a summer-housing application, send a written notice via email to email@example.com. If your cancellation is received after May 5, you will incur a $100 cancellation fee.