To run for a position on your hall council, you must meet these requirements:
- Minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA.
- Full-time student status.
- Supportive of SPU’s Christian faith. (Hall council members are not required to have a Christian faith statement, but must be supportive of the commitment to the Christian community at SPU.)
- Exemplify commitment to SPU’s Lifestyle Expectations.
- Request a reference from your current RA and SMC.
Applications are due by 3 p.m. on Monday, April 11. A portion of these responses will be available for public view.
Note: By submitting your application, you are giving Residence Life the permission to check your GPA and disciplinary record in order to assess your eligibility as a candidate.
Spring Quarter 2016 Election timeline
- Tuesday, March 29: Applications available online.
- Tuesday, April 5: Information sessions hosted by each Hall Council. See your local hall council for time and location.
- Monday, April 11: Applications due by 3 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 13: Candidates will receive an email by 5 p.m. confirming that they have been cleared to campaign.
Thursday, April 14: Candidates begin campaigning in their residence halls after 12 p.m. Please refer to your halls campaign guidelines.
- Tuesday, April 26: Candidates open forum — time set by each hall council.
- Wednesday, April 27: Elections held via Banner.
Hall council dates for Spring 2016 and Autumn 2016
Note: Students elected to hall council are required to attend training sessions throughout Spring Quarter 2016.
Thursday, April 28: SLDC training, 7–9 p.m. (All current and new ASSP and ORL leaders.)
- Tuesday, May 3: Hall council training #1, 8–10 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 10: Hall council training #2, 8–10 p.m.
- Saturday, May 14: Leadership kickoff (ASSP and Res Life Leadership for 2016–17), 5–10 p.m.
Autumn Quarter 2016 schedule
Hall council members are also expected to return before the start of the academic year. They will take part in hall council training with the Office of Residence Life, and they will participate in the Leadership Conference along with other campus leadership.
Hall council members also take part in the activities during Welcome Week to welcome the new and returning residents to each living area.
Hall Council Training: Thursday, September 15, 2016
Leadership Conference: Friday, September 16–Monday, September 19, 2016
Welcome Week: Tuesday, September 20–Sunday, September 25, 2016