Falcon Alumni Network (FAN)
If you consider yourself a “fan” of Seattle Pacific University, you might just be a candidate to join FAN — that is, the Falcon Alumni Network.
The Falcon Alumni Network (FAN) recruitment team is comprised of volunteers who assist in the recruitment of prospective students to Seattle Pacific through college fairs, in-person interactions, and referring students to the Admissions Office. From across the U.S. and around the world, FAN members connect with prospective SPU students, talk about their own experiences as students, and answer questions from high school students and their families. The team is overseen by a collaboration between the offices of Undergraduate Admissions and Alumni and Parent Relations.
As a FAN Recruiter, you act as the face of SPU and represent the University to students who might not otherwise learn about one of the best Christian universities and best higher education values in the nation. FAN Recruiter is an important role and one that we invite you to be a part of. No one knows what it’s like to be a Falcon better than you, a Falcon forever!
Who FAN Recruiters are
- Alumnus/a of SPU, preferably at the undergraduate level and within the last 10 years.
- Enthusiastic about promoting SPU.
- Able to articulate the University’s mission well; clear and compelling communicator.
- Involved in a church.
- Have or have had a professional career.
What FAN Recruiters do
- Represent SPU positively and honestly by sharing engaging stories and experiences from their college days.
- Demonstrate professional behavior in interactions with prospective students and families.
- Refer prospective students to the Admissions Office.
- Stay up-to-date with basic SPU and recruitment information.
- Engage in one or more of the following activities: college fairs; in-person meetings or interviews with prospective students; calling, emailing, or writing letters to students; and/or creation of the quarterly newsletter for FAN Recruiters
- Provide feedback to admissions staff about prospective students and any events attended.
What topics FAN Recruiters talk about
- Those things that stand out about their SPU experiences.
- Description of their academic studies/internships.
- The SPU Christian commitment (with prospective students and families, both Christian and non-Christian).
Where FAN Recruiters are from
FAN Recruiters are found across the U.S. and around the world. We encourage you to visit campus in Seattle whenever possible for Admissions or Alumni events, and for FAN training.
Are you ready to take the next step and become a part of Falcons helping (future) Falcons?
Please contact one of these FAN representatives to get started:
Student and Young Alumni Engagement Coordinator
Alumni and Parent Relations
Senior Admissions Counselor
How we’ll support you in your new role as a FAN:
After completing a brief interview with an admissions counselor, FAN Recruiters receive training in print and in person, on or off campus as available. When in-person training is not feasible, training may be completed over the phone or Skype. Training will cover SPU updates, as well as the basics of communicating with prospective students and families. We look forward to having you on the FAN team!