Only you can request the release of your official transcript. A $10 charge for each official transcript must accompany the request (SPU accepts cash, VISA, MasterCard, or personal check). The University reserves the right to deny official transcript services for indebtedness to the institution.
Seattle Pacific University allows two ways to order official transcripts:
Order with a signed, written request.
- Make your request in person in Demaray Hall 151. Available while you wait (normally between 10 and 30 minutes). No more than four copies can be printed via this option.
- Fax your requests to 206-281-2669. Your faxed request will be sent within two business days.
- Make your request by mail. All mailed requests are sent within five business days of being received by Seattle Pacific University. Mail your request to:
Student Academic Services
Seattle Pacific University
3307 Third Avenue West, Suite 113
Seattle, Washington 98119-1922
To order by mail, complete this Transcript Request form (PDF), or send a letter with the following information:
- Name under which you attended.
- Your SPU ID number (or Social Security number).
- The last quarter and year you attended.
- If you are currently enrolled, the number of classes for the quarter.
- The number of official transcripts required.
- The name and address that will receive the official transcript (you may also pick up transcripts in Student Academic Services).
- If paying by credit card, the credit card number, expiration date, amount, and your signature.
- Your signature is required before a transcript can be released.
Unofficial transcripts do not include SPU’s seal, and are free of charge. They may not be acceptable to most institutions. However, you can view and print your unofficial transcript online by logging into Banner. You can also request an unofficial transcript in writing in the same ways listed above for official transcripts.
- Only one unofficial transcript will be sent per request, but you can make as many copies as you need.
- Unofficial transcripts cannot be ordered online.
Unofficial transcripts can be sent in one of three ways: by mail, fax, or email. Please be sure that the address, fax number, or email address is written legibly and that your request contains your signature.
Transcripts for Pre-1984 Coursework
Coursework taken prior to Autumn Quarter 1984 needs to be hand-entered into our system. Due to the extra time this may require (up to five business days), we are unable to guarantee that transcripts will be available for immediate pickup with academic history prior to 1984.
In addition, any student with pre-1984 coursework that has not yet been entered into our system will not have access to a Banner account or online transcript requests until those records have been entered. If this is the case for you, you will be required to submit your transcript request in writing.