Deadlines for applying to master’s and doctoral programs at Seattle Pacific University vary by school and program. Some feature yearly cutoffs, while other deadlines are quarterly. Find your program’s deadline available through Graduate Admissions.
General admission requirements
To be admitted to a master’s degree program at SPU, you must meet the following requirements:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university or its equivalent.
- Submit at least two letters of recommendation. The letters submitted must come from individuals not related to you who are familiar with your intended field of study.
- Submit official copy of transcript(s) from the college or university that granted your bachelor’s degree and any institution attended since that time.
- Present a grade point average of at least 3.0 (4.0 = A) in the last 45 quarter credits (30 semester credits) of coursework completed before applying for admission or in all undergraduate work, whichever is higher.
- Present an acceptable score on the appropriate entrance examination as required by the particular program of study.
- Meet the specific entrance requirements given for your intended field of study.
- Pay the appropriate application fee of $50 or $75, depending on the program.
While the master’s, doctoral, and certificate programs share several admissions requirements, you should refer to your program of choice for any unique admissions requirements.
Admission requirements for doctoral programs
Seattle Pacific University offers five doctoral programs. Refer to the specific doctoral program for admission and program requirements.
Re-admission to a graduate program
If you would like to re-enroll in any SPU graduate program after an absence of four quarters (one year) have passed, you must reapply to your program. Graduate Admissions will inform you if additional materials need to be submitted.