The Professional Studies program is designed for students transferring to Seattle Pacific University with the Associate of Applied Sciences-Transfer degree. However, students completing a different technical or professional degree from a Washington state community or technical college are eligible to apply for the program if they have completed at least 20 credit of liberal arts coursework with a 2.5 minimum GPA in those courses.
Professional Studies (BA)
This program allows you to receive a bachelor’s degree by completing liberal arts requirements and a minor. A maximum of 90 community college credits are transferred into this program.
- You must complete at least 10 credits in Foundations.
- You must complete 5-8 credits to fulfill “W” Requirements.
- Complete all General Education requirements.
- Complete at least 30 credits in a minor.
- A total minimum of 180 college-level credits are required for a degree, including a minimum 60 upper-division (UD) credits.
General Education requirements
You must complete 58-63 approved credits in the General Education categories below, some of which you may have already completed at the two-year school:
- Composition (3)
- Foundations (10–15)
- Social Sciences (10)
- Sciences (10)
- Mathematics/Quantitative Reasoning (5)
- Arts (10)
- Humanities (10)
Apply to the major
You will be admitted to Seattle Pacific University and the Professional Studies major simultaneously. However, you must be formally admitted to a minor and complete all minor requirements.
Minor requirements are listed within each specific discipline in this Undergraduate Catalog. You may apply for your minor through the Banner Information System.