You can major in General Studies if you are a current student in good academic standing with a minimum cumulative 2.0 GPA.
- A minimum 70 credits selected from three disciplines related to your degree objectives are required for this major, including 35 upper-division credits.
- You must work with faculty in the three academic disciplines to complete the Major or Minor Application form (PDF).
- You are required to write a statement of rationale and a major contract and submit them to Student Academic Services for review by academic departments.
- At least 20 credits, but not more than 35 credits, will be applied in each discipline.
- No grade below a “C-” will apply to the major.
- You may request a BA or BS degree upon approval of the departments.
For more information, contact undergraduate academic counseling in Student Academic Services at 206-281-2031.