Rules can be created to prioritize, organize, copy, move, and reroute email messages that arrive in your inbox. Be sure and test each rules after you make a change to make certain your messages are being handled properly.
Rules and Alerts can be created and stored on the SPU Exchange Server, and can also be created and stored within a standalone Outllook Client. For SPU students and staff, we recommend that you store the rules on the Exchange server so that they will work regardless of the client you use to read your email (such as Outlook 2003/2007 or Webmail).
- Click Tools -> Rules & Alerts -> New Rule
- Select the template you would like the Rule to follow and click Next
- Select the conditions you would like the Rule to check and edit the Rule description by click the links within it to further specify the Rule's parameters. Click Next
- Set what you want Outlook to do with the messages and set the exceptions, click Next when necessary
- Name your Rule, Decide when to turn on the Rule and Review your Rule in the Wizard Setup
- Click Finish and restart Outlook
- Log into Webmail with your SPU Username and Password
- Click Options in the upper right-hand corner
- Select Rules from the left-hand menu
- Click New Rule
- Select the type of Rule you'd like to use and make all parameter decisions: description, message direction and exceptions
- Click Save and log out of Webmail and back in to apply all changes
The Outlook Rules contain a seemingly infinite number of possibilities. Each rule can have many variables. Please reference Outlook Help for information when creating these rules.
Email Client Configuration