The Computer Information Systems Department (CIS) exists to serve the SPU faculty, staff and student community, specifically in relation to the technologies for the academic and business functions of the university. CIS reports to the Office of Business and Planning, however; its support role extends to all facets and departments within the university. CIS manages a number of core university technology resources, including but not limited to:
- Banner Information System - the university's primary administrative system
- Classroom instructional technology
- Core servers and hardware components of the campus network
- Campus network (wired, wireless) and Internet uplink connection
- Faculty and staff desktop and laptop computers
- Software licenses (Microsoft, SPSS, etc.) and software distribution & resale
- Campus email system (Microsoft Exchange)
- Specialized/special purpose central database servers
- SPU's main web site, select departmental web sites, and the CIS Help Pages
- Telecommunications systems, including telephone, voicemail, cableTV
- Walk-in, email and telephone support via the CIS Help Desk (Lower Marston)
For assistance with Blackboard or Chalk & Wire (E-Portfolio) please contact Instructional Technology Services (ITS) at 206-281-2122.
| CIS Staff
||Hours, Location & Contacts
for Technology Services (CIO)
Technology Support Services
Network and Communications
In Person: Lower Marston Hall, Campus Map
Weekday operational hours are
M–F, 7:30 a.m.– 5:00 p.m.
(Dispatch, email, phone)
M-Th, 5:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m., Sat 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.