Explore the following links and handouts to help develop your résumé . Career counselors are available to assist in creating and critiquing your résumé. Call the Center for Career and Calling at (206) 281-2485 to make an appointment.
A résumé is an advertisement; your personal billboard developed to market your skills and abilities. There is no "right" way to write a résumé but there are guidelines to follow when constructing one:
Format the résumé for easy reading; it is typically digested in 10-20 seconds
- Clearly demonstrate that your strengths and experience match the job requirements
- Specifically tailor your résumé for each job
- Remember it's a summary, not a historical document
- Avoid templates or résumé wizards; they take up too much space and constrict your editing abilities
SPU Center for Career and Calling Resources
To view handouts, you need Adobe Acrobat Reader
Résumé & CV Samples:
Please note that these résumés are just examples for a variety of majors. They are not meant to be prescriptions for exactly how to write your résumé. Please take a look at the other samples for ideas to incorporate into your own.
- Biology Résumé Sample (PDF)
- Communication Résumé Sample (PDF)
- English Résumé Sample (PDF)
- Global Development Studies Résumé Sample (PDF)
- Engineering Résumé Sample (PDF)
- Business Résumé Sample (PDF)
- Computer Science Résumé Sample (PDF)
- Accounting Résumé Sample (PDF)
- Exercise Science Résumé Sample (PDF)
- Psychology Résumé Sample (PDF)
- Nursing Résumé Sample (PDF)
- Teacher Résumé Sample (PDF)
- CV Sample (Word)
Electronic Résumé Tips
Professional recruiter tips to assist you in getting your electronic résumé noticed faster and more often in web-based database queries.
Review 'before and after' résumés for various industries.
Résumé Builder for Veterans
Great resource to help you translate your military skills into civilian-friendly language.
Preparing a Curriculum Vitae: Proven Success Strategies
Discover the differences between a general résumé and a Curriculum
Teacher CV Advice
Information on how potential candidates can maximize their CV for employment abroad.
Free sample Curriculum Vitas
*Find a Dead Link? Click here and let us know!*