The School of Theology at Seattle Pacific University nominates returning students for financial assistance from sixteen scholarship funds. The eligibility requirements for each scholarship are outlined below.
- Harry and Lois Anstead Missionary Scholarship:
Students preparing to be Free Methodist career missionaries or children of Free Methodist career missionaries.
- Lawrence and Mary Hawley Free Methodist Ministry Scholarship:
Students preparing for professional ministry within the Free Methodist Church.
- Lowell Berry Memorial Scholarship:
Students who are financially needy who have a minimum 2.5 ongoing GPA that have demonstrated a genuine interest in evangelism and are involved in a study program that has world evangelism and revitalization of the local church ministry as its objective.
- Tony and Thelma Bettencourt Christian Scholarship:
Students seriously preparing themselves for some form of full-time Christian ministry. Preference given to those who have demonstrated this by their course selection and extra-curricular involvement.
- Elvis and Gordon Cochrane Scholarship:
Students majoring in either Theology or Sociology. It is specifically agreed that the even year recipients of this scholarship will be awarded by Theology and that the odd year recipients will be awarded by Sociology.
- Charles Fogg Scholarship:
Students with a life goal of pastoral ministry.
- Crete Hammersla Christian Service Scholarship:
Theology majors with demonstrated financial need who are preparing for full-time Christian service.
- Haslam Family Christian Ministries Scholarship:
Students preparing to serve as missionaries, pastors or in other Christian service careers.
- Robert Hayes Memorial Scholarship:
Free Methodist students studying for the pastorate or a missionary ministry.
- Bob and Joannie Higbee Youth Ministry Scholarship:
Students currently actively involved in Young Life or youth ministry and the University campus community. Preference given to upperclassmen involved in Young Life.
- Walter and Esther Helsel Free Methodist Ministry Scholarship:
Students with a minimum 3.0 GPA who have completed at least 75 credits and are preparing for professional ministry within the Free Methodist Church in one of the fol-lowing areas: pastor, Christian education, or missionary service.
- Charles Kirkpatrick Missions Scholarship:
Students pursuing a career in missions or majoring in Theology. Preference given to Free Methodist students pursuing a career in missions.
- E.F. and Margaret McCarty Scholarship:
Students preparing for missionary work and/or are children of missionaries.
- Ellen Joyce Pinnt Scholarship:
Students majoring in Theology.
- Stundon Scholarship:
Students preparing to work as Christian ministers or missionaries.
- Bill and Olive Woodward Memorial Scholarship:
Students studying in the areas of theology and fine arts who are actively engaged in exploring the integration of the arts and Christian faith.
- Download the 2011-2012 SOT Scholarship Application [here].
- Applications due to Raoul Perez in Alexander Hall Suite 102 by March 15, 2011.