The Rotary International Ambassadorial Scholarships are awarded to undergraduate and graduate students chosen to further international understanding and friendly relations among people of different countries.
Academic Year Ambassadorial Scholarship is for one year of study in another country (up to $26,000 or its equivalent).
Multi-Year Ambassadorial Scholarship is for two years of degree-oriented study in another country (a flat grant of $12,500 or its equivalent).
Cultural Ambassadorial Scholarship is for either three or six months of intensive language study and cultural immersion in another country (up to $12,000 or $19,000 respectively or its equivalent).
- Possesses excellent leadership skills and potential.
- Has a proven record of success in his/her academics and/or vocation.
- Is articulate and possesses good proficiency in the study country language.
- Has demonstrated a personal commitment to community service.
- Possesses maturity and seriousness of purpose.
- Is an excellent public speaker, skilled with presentations to both small and large audiences.
- Knows the history, culture, and politics of both his/her home community and study country.
- Is diplomatic and articulate when discussing world affairs and sensitive topics.
- Applicants must have completed two years of college level work by the time of the award.
- An applicant must be a citizen of a country in which there is a Rotary club.
- Applicants cannot be Rotarians or employees of a club, district, or other Rotary entity, nor a spouse or close relative of a Rotarian. Rotaractors are eligible.
- In addition to the criteria listed above, applicants for Academic-Year and Multi-Year Ambassadorial Scholarships must be proficient in the language of the proposed host country. Cultural Ambassadorial Scholarship applicants must have completed at least one year of college-level coursework or equivalent in the proposed language of study.
- Interested applicants must apply for Rotary Foundation Ambassadorial Scholarships through their local Rotary club. The club deadline varies. Applicants should contact their local rotary club for deadlines.
- Applications are available [here]
It is very important to refer to the Rotary International website for specific and complete information regarding this scholarship.