The ISI Salvatori Fellowship Program seeks to further an understanding and appreciation of both the principles of the Founding Fathers and the culture that formed their values and views. The overall purpose of the program is to improve the ability of the American people to understand their heritage, to distinguish its principles, and to choose well so that, through self-governance, they may protect their nation and preserve their liberties—for themselves and for the generations to come.
- The Fellowship provides $10,000 to each recipient for graduate work related to the American Founding.
- Applicants must engage in graduate studies for the purpose of teaching at the college level.
- Those attending pre-professional (medical, law) schools are ineligible.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens and college seniors or graduate students.
- The application deadline is January 16, 2011.
- More information on the application and other required materials available here in a PDF.
It is very important to refer to the web site listed below for specific and complete information regarding this scholarship.