Continuing Students: Advising Information
Request a new advisor online through the Banner Information System. Enter the system and choose “Student Menu” followed by the “Your Faculty Advisor” option.
If you have not yet declared a major, schedule an appointment with your faculty advisor before your registration appointment time. Once you have met with your advisor, they will lift your hold so you can register.
If you do not know who your advisor is, find out by accessing the "Your Faculty Advisor" menu as indicated above.
- Provide information about the limitations, alternatives, and consequences of academic choices available to you.
- Develop quarterly class schedules that meet your immediate and long-range objectives.
- Explaining the general requirements for completion of a baccalaureate degree.
- Outline the requirements of a given major.
- Track your progress toward completion of the major.
- Assess your academic performance to detect any problem areas quickly.
- Direct you to other campus services and resources that can enhance your education experience.
- Your academic counselor is a resource — for you and your faculty advisor — regarding policies related to completing your degree.
- Your academic counselor follows your progress from admission through graduation, specifically by evaluating transcripts for transfer students, confirming the transferability of courses you may want to take elsewhere while a student at SPU, completing graduation checklists, and awarding honors and degrees.
Return to Get Answers