Continuing Students: Graduation Information
Intending to Graduate
|Spring/Summer Quarters||May 1*|
|Autumn Quarter||February 1|
|Winter Quarter||June 1*|
|*In the year prior to graduation.|
- Students who meet the graduation application deadlines will receive information on their academic progress prior to their anticipated quarter of graduation.
- Students who do not meet the application deadline may not receive academic progress reports, and their name may not appear in the Commencement program.
- Degrees are awarded by the end of the quarter following the quarter in which the degree was completed.
- Diplomas are mailed approximately six weeks after the degree is posted.
You will receive a copy of the academic counselor’s checklist when it is complete, and a copy of your faculty advisor’s review of major/minor requirements when that is received by the counselor.
If you change your plans after applying to graduate, please contact your Undergraduate Academic Counselor as soon as possible.
Undergraduate students, and students seeking a second bachelor’s degree (post-baccalaureate students), may apply for graduation online through the Banner Information System. Enter the system, and choose “Student Menu,” followed by “Academic Progress Menu,” which includes the online Graduation Application. Graduation application deadlines are below.
- If you can’t register for outstanding requirements for your degree during Spring Quarter and/or Summer Session, you are not allowed to “walk” in the Commencement ceremony.
- Students who complete their degree requirements Autumn and Winter Quarters may participate in Commencement ceremonies at the end of the academic year in which they finish their coursework.
- Students completing degrees during Summer Session are not eligible for recognition until completion of all degree requirements. Their honors do not appear in the Commencement program, and they are not eligible to wear honor cords during the Commencement.
- Spring Quarter graduates should receive diplomas by mid-September.
- Summer Quarter graduates should receive diplomas by mid-December.
Return to Get Answers