General Resources
Catalogs & Time Schedule


Suggested Course Sequences
Transfer Equivalency Guide

Student Resources
Enrollment Verification

Get Answers
Non-Matriculated Students
Order a Transcript
Veterans Education Benefits

Faculty Resources
Faculty Resources

Meet the Team
Academic Counselors

Records & Registration

Technology Services

Student Academic Services: Get Answers

Student Academic Services Staff

Graduate Students:

How do I verify my enrollment to another company?


Students may request that SPU verify their enrollment to any other institution. This request may be made in person, by mail, by fax, or by telephone. Enrollment verifications for a current quarter are official after the 10th day of the quarter. To request enrollment verification, print and submit this Verification form (PDF).
  • Enrollment verifications typically take 48 hours for processing.
  • You may be required to submit additional paperwork.
  • Verifications can be processed only for the current quarter and any prior quarters.
  • Future enrollment cannot be verified.
Requests to verify a student’s GPA will be processed only with the student’s written consent. These requests are not accepted over the telephone.

If you have more questions about enrollment verifications, contact Student Academic Services at 206-281-2031 or

What is my enrollment status?


Enrollment status for graduate degree and certificate students is determined by the following:
  • 6 or more credits full time
  • 4-5 credits three-quarter time
  • 3 credits half time
  • 1-2 credits less than half time
See the Academic Policies and Procedures page of the Graduate Catalog.

A graduate student may, with prior permission, take courses concurrently elsewhere, provided his or her combined load does not total more than the number of credits permitted as a normal graduate load for the registration period.

No more than 15 credits of 6000-level work may be taken in one quarter without permission of the University registrar. Unless granted permission in advance by the director of graduate studies of their degree program, master’s students may take no more than 12 credits during the Summer Session(s) and no more than 6 credits in any four-week period.

How do I get my name changed in Banner?


Students who wish to change their name (e.g., change in marital status) must provide Student Academic Services with the official documentation for the change (e.g., copy of marriage license).

How do I get my address changed in Banner?


Permanent and guardian addresses may be changed through Banner in the Personal Information Menu.

If I repeat a class at SPU, will the old grade be removed from my transcript?


If you repeat a class for which you cannot receive credit more than once, the most recent grade will replace the older grade, whether the newer grade is higher or lower.

The old grade will continue to show on your transcript, but the old grade will no longer affect your SPU grade point average.

Return to Graduate Student Get Answers

Return to Get Answers