General Resources
Catalogs & Time Schedule


Suggested Course Sequences
Transfer Equivalency Guide

Student Resources
Enrollment Verification

Get Answers
Non-Matriculated Students
Order a Transcript
Veterans Education Benefits

Faculty Resources
Faculty Resources

Meet the Team
Academic Counselors

Records & Registration

Technology Services

Student Academic Services: Transfer Course Equivalency Guide

The Seattle Pacific University Transfer Course Equivalency Guide has been designed to show you how credit from other institutions and approved testing programs generally transfers to SPU.

Information for Current SPU Students:

Students admitted to SPU during or after Summer 2013 must adhere to the policies regarding timing of transfer work and limitation of transfer credits after matriculation as outlined in the Academic Policies and Procedures section of the online catalog.  Post matriculation, students are limited to 20 credits transfer credits, and cannot take any credits outside of SPU during a quarter in which they are enrolled at SPU.  Students who wish to take a course elsewhere after matriculation at SPU must first have a discussion with their Undergraduate Academic Counselor.  If the request falls within policy guidelines, the academic counselor will provide them the appropriate paperwork. 

Students admitted to SPU Spring 2013 or prior must seek approval from their Undergraduate Academic Counselor and complete the Study Away Application prior to registering for a course at another institution or taking an exam through a testing program.

For all students, courses in the equivalency guide are not guaranteed to transfer without prior approval.

Information for Prospective Students:

Students who begin classes at SPU after completing an approved Direct Transfer Agreement associate degree have fulfilled all University Core and Exploratory Curriculum requirements, as well as the general education foreign language requirement. Courses listed as non-transferable may transfer as part of the DTA degree. An associate degree completed after matriculation at SPU will not be recognized. Prospective Students with questions about course transferability should contact the Undergraduate Admissions office.

How do I use this system?

  1. Select the State Country or "Testing Programs" (for IB/AP/CLEP)
    Note: General information about the transfer of credit for AP, CLEP, and IB score reports can also be found in the University Catalog under Admissions.
  2. Select the institution name or program

Learn how to interpret the Transfer Course Equivalency Guide.

State / Program / Country:    Institution / Test:

Note: Some approved Engineering courses may not apply toward the Electrical Engineering major due to ABET accreditation. Please see the Electrical Engineering Department Chair (