Official transcripts are released only with the authorization of the student whose records are requested. A $5 charge for each official transcript must accompany the request (SPU accepts cash, VISA, Mastercard, or personal check). If paying by credit card you will need to submit your transcript request on-line, by mail or call us with your credit card information, we cannot take credit card numbers over fax or by email. The University reserves the right to deny official transcript services for indebtedness to the institution.
Always view your transcript in your Banner account prior to ordering to verify that all courses and degrees have been posted.
Electronic/Emailed Official Transcripts are Now Available!
What you need to know:
- Electronic/Emailed official transcripts can only be sent if requested through the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC)
- To send electronic/emailed official transcripts you will need to log into the Banner Information System account and go to:
- Student Menu
- Academic Records Menu
- Request Electronic/Emailed Official Transcript (which will direct you to the NSC ordering page)
- SPU charges $5 for all official transcripts and the NSC places an additional processing fee on top of that for each official transcript requested through their site.
- Electronic/Emailed official transcripts will be sent via the Electronic Transcript Exchange (if your destination institution uses that delivery method) or via email.
- If you request an official transcript to be sent by email then the destination email address will receive two emails from the NSC; one with a link to your transcript and one with a password to access your transcript.
- You can request official transcripts to be printed and mailed through the NSC ordering page and they will charge their processing fee in addition to the $5 SPU fee.
- You cannot request electronic/emailed transcripts in person, via mail, via fax or via email, they can only be requested by logging into your Banner account and clicking the ‘Electronic/Emailed Official Transcript’ link.
- Electronic transcripts are normally sent the same day that they are requested: This timeline can be effected if there are issues locating you in the system or if you are requesting to have a form enclosure sent with your transcript which will require school approval.
Ordering a Printed/Mailed Official Transcript:
There are two additional ways that you can request your official transcript to be mailed or picked up:
- Online Transcript Ordering: To order an official printed transcript to be sent out in the mail or picked up in our office you can log into the Banner Information System and go to:
- Student Menu
- Academic Records Menu
- Request Printed/Official Transcript
SPU charges $5 per official transcript and transcripts are mailed or available for pick-up the following business day.
- Written Request with a Student Signature. There are three options for requesting a transcript in writing.
Option A: In-Person Requests. Available while you wait (normally between 10-30 minutes). No more than 4 copies can be printed via this option.
Option B. Faxed Requests to (206) 281-2669 or scanned and emailed requests to firstname.lastname@example.org. All faxed/emailed requests will be processed and transcripts sent within 2 business days. You will need to call (206) 281-2032 and provide a credit card number to cover the $5 per transcript fee after you have faxed or emailed your request to us.
Option C. Mailed Requests. All mailed requests are processed and transcripts sent within five business days after the requests are received by Seattle Pacific University.
A transcript order form can be obtained at Download Transcript Order form (PDF) or you can send a letter that contains the following information:
- Name under which the student attended.
- Student ID number (or Social security number).
- The last quarter and year the student attended.
- If the student is enrolled in a current quarter of instruction, state the number of classes for the quarter.
- The number of official copies required.
- The name and address that will receive the official transcript (student may also pick up transcripts in Student Academic Services).
- If paying by credit card, include the credit card number, expiration date, amount, and signature.
- Student signature is required before a transcript can be released.
- If you are faxing or scanning and emailing your transcript request to us you will need to call us during our business hours to provide a credit card number to pay for any official transcripts. Our business hours are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday from 9:00 am to 4:30 pm, and Thursday from 9:30 am to 4:30 pm. Due to credit card security concerns we cannot accept credit card payments sent by fax or email.
Unofficial transcripts are free and do not contain the seal of the University, thus they may not be acceptable to most institutions. You can view and print your unofficial transcript on-line by logging into Banner, or you can request an unofficial transcript in writing in the same ways listed above for official transcripts. Only one unofficial transcript will be sent per request and a student can make as many copies as they need. There is no charge for an unofficial transcript. Unofficial transcripts can be sent in one of three ways; mail, fax or scan and email. Please be sure that the destination address, fax number or email address is written legibly in the “Send To:” section of the form and that your request contains your signature. Unofficial transcripts cannot be ordered online.
*Coursework taken prior to Autumn Quarter 1984 needs to be hand-entered in our system. Due to the extra time that this may require (up to five business days), we are unable to guarantee that transcripts will be available for immediate pickup with academic history prior to 1984. In addition, any student with Pre-1984 coursework that has not yet been entered into our system will not have access to a Banner account or On-Line Transcript Requests until it has been entered and will therefore be required to submit their transcript request in writing.
Demaray Hall 151
Student Academic Services
Seattle Pacific University
3307 Third Avenue West, Suite 113
Seattle, Washington 98119-1922
Fax number: 206-281-2669
For additional information: 206-281-2031