Official transcripts are released only on authorization of the student whose records are requested. A $5 charge for each official transcript must accompany the request (SPU accepts cash, VISA, Mastercard, or personal check). If paying by credit card you will need to mail either your request or call us with your credit card information, we cannot take credit card numbers over fax or by email. The University reserves the right to deny official transcript services for indebtedness to the institution.
Seattle Pacific University allows two ways to order official transcripts:
- Online Transcript Ordering. To order an official transcript you will need to log into the Banner Information System by going to the Transcript Ordering Page. Please be aware you will need to pay by credit card at the time of your request.
- Find help if you're having trouble logging in.
- Written Request with a Student Signature. There are three options for requesting a transcript in writing.
Option A: In-Person Requests. Available while you wait (normally between 10-30 minutes). No more than 4 copies can be printed via this option.
Option B. Faxed Requests to (206) 281-2669. All faxed requests will be sent within 2 business days
Option C. Mailed Requests. All mailed requests are processed and transcripts sent within five business days after the requests are received by Seattle Pacific University.
A transcript order form can be obtained at Download Transcript Order form (PDF) or you can send a letter that contains the following information:
- Name under which the student attended.
- Student ID number (or Social security number).
- The last quarter and year the student attended.
- If the student is enrolled in a current quarter of instruction, state the number of classes for the quarter.
- The number of official copies required.
- The name and address that will receive the official transcript (student may also pick up transcripts in Student Academic Services).
- If paying by credit card, include the credit card number, expiration date, amount, and signature.
- Student signature is required before a transcript can be released.
- If you are faxing or scanning and emailing your transcript request to us you will need to call us during our business hours to provide a credit card number to pay for any official transcripts. Our business hours are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday from 9:00 am to 4:30 pm, and Thursday from 9:30 am to 4:30 pm. Due to credit card security concerns we cannot accept credit card payments sent by fax or email.
Unofficial transcripts are free and do not contain the seal of the University, thus they may not be acceptable to most institutions. You can view and print your unofficial transcript on-line by logging into Banner, or you can request an unofficial transcript in writing in the same ways listed above for official transcripts. Only one unofficial transcript will be sent per request and a student can make as many copies as they need. There is no charge for an unofficial transcript. Unofficial transcripts can be sent in one of three ways; mail, fax or scan and email. Please be sure that the address, fax number or email address is written legibly and that your request contains your signature. Unofficial transcripts cannot be ordered online.
*Coursework taken prior to Autumn Quarter 1984 needs to be hand-entered in our system. Due to the extra time that this may require (up to five business days), we are unable to guarantee that transcripts will be available for immediate pickup with academic history prior to 1984. In addition, any student with Pre-1984 coursework that has not yet been entered into our system will not have access to a Banner account or On-Line Transcript Requests until it has been entered and will therefore be required to submit their transcript request in writing.
Demaray Hall 151
Student Academic Services
Seattle Pacific University
3307 Third Avenue West, Suite 113
Seattle, Washington 98119-1922
For additional information: 206-281-2031