Federal Direct Loans
Federal Direct Loans- PLUS
Federal Direct Loans- GRAD PLUS
Student Employment / Work Study
Employment & Loan Programs (PDF)
Federal Perkins Loans
Funding for this program comes from the federal government and from former SPU students who are in the process of repaying their Perkins loans.
- Funds are awarded by SPU to undergraduate students with documented need as determined from a processed FAFSA.
- No interest is charged on the loan while you are enrolled at least half time.
- Nine months after you have left school or drop below half-time status, interest will begin accruing and you will begin making payments of principal and interest. For loan limits, repayment, and interest information, refer to the Employment-Loan Chart (PDF). Information regarding deferment, postponement, and cancellation will be provided to each borrower on the loan promissory note.
Documents required for the Perkins Loan include the following:
- Master Promissory Note (MPN) and loan interview sheet (first year only).
- You must complete a loan counseling session.
- Truth-in-lending statement (provided annually—informational only).
- Loan exit interview (prior to your departure from SPU or when your enrollment drops less than half-time status).
Notification about the documents and requirements for this loan will be sent to your SPU email account.
The first year a Perkins loan is awarded, an MPN and loan interview sheet must be completed before the Perkins loan can be credited to your student account. Each quarter thereafter, the awarded Perkins funds will be automatically credited to your student account, provided you meet eligibility requirements.
More information can be found in the Student Financial Services office and here.
Last Updated: 2/5/2015