PRESIDENT EATON CONVEYS THE SPU VISION |
Communicating the institution's vision for "engaging the culture and changing the
world" is one of Seattle Pacific University President Philip Eaton's top priorities.
The following is a sampling of his recent speaking engagements, professional
involvements, writing and media coverage:
- CCCU Board Meeting. July 28-30, 2001, Frisco, Colorado. President Eaton
is currently vice president of the board of the Council for Christian Colleges and
- Letter to Students. September 11, 2001. President Eaton reflected on
"A Day of Tragedy," seeking to comfort, encourage and challenge students in light
of the events of the day. See www.spu.edu/president.
- State of the University Address. September 19, 2001, on campus. The
entire SPU community, including student leaders and trustees, gathered to celebrate
a new year. President Eaton reviewed the past year and cast a vision for the year
ahead. See www.spu.edu/president.
- Opening Convocation Address. September 25, 2001, on campus. President Eaton
gave the keynote address titled "Seeing Through New Glasses" at this ceremony marking
the beginning of the 2001-2002 academic year. See www.spu.edu/president.
- Washington CEO Feature. October 2001. President Eaton and SPU were the
subjects of a special report in Washington CEO magazine. See www.washingtonceo.com.
- Downtown Seattle Rotary Club. October 31, 2001, Seattle. President Eaton
addressed some 600 Rotarians on "Seeing Through New Glasses: Educating the Next
Generation in a Changed World." See www.spu.edu/president.