PRESIDENT EATON CONVEYS THE SPU VISION
Communicating the institution's vision for "engaging the culture and changing the world" on campus and to local and national audiences is one of Seattle Pacific University President Philip Eaton's top priorities. The following is a sampling of his recent speaking engagements, professional involvements, writing and media coverage.
- CCCU Executive Board Meeting. February 2-3, Washington, D.C. President Eaton serves on the board of the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities.
- AFMEI Board Meeting. February 17, San Diego, California. President Eaton serves on the board of the Association of Free Methodist Educational Institutions.
- Presidential Symposium. "Ensuring the Success of Minority Students and Faculty." April 12-14, 2002, on campus. President Eaton hosted 13 university executive teams to discuss success strategies for increasing diversity on Council for Christian Colleges & Universities (CCCU) campuses.
- WAICU Executive Board Meeting. April 22, 2002, Seattle. President Eaton serves on the board of the Washington Association of Independent Colleges and Universities.
- Greater Seattle Community Breakfast. April 24, Sheraton Hotel, Seattle. As part of this annual event for regional business and community leaders, President Eaton spoke on "Something There Is That Doesn't Love a Wall."
- ACE Appointment. April 8, 2002. President Eaton was named to the American Council on Education's Commission on Minorities in Higher Education. The Commission advises ACE on ways to improve minority participation in higher education, effective strategies for increasing minority faculty and staff, and national policy issues related to diversity.