PRESIDENT EATON CONVEYS THE SPU
the institution's vision for "engaging the culture and changing the
world" is one of Seattle Pacific University President Philip Eaton's top
The following is a sampling of his recent speaking engagements, professional
writing and media coverage:
- Seattle Times Editorial. November 26, 2001. "A New Set of
for a Changed World." President Eaton's ideas on the cultural impact
September 11 were highlighted by Times Editorial Page Editor
in an adjacent editorial titled "The Search for Leaders, From Eyman
- Great Northwest Athletic Conference Presidents' Meeting.
November 26, 2001,
SeaTac, Washington. President Eaton engaged in a discussion of the
the new Great Northwest Athletic Conference.
- Sacred Sounds of Christmas. November 26, 2001, Benaroya
President and Mrs. Eaton hosted more than 2,000 people for this
featuring SPU's Concert Choir and Symphonic Wind
- Northshore Rotary Club. November 29, 2001, Bothell,
"Seeing Through New Glasses: Educating the Next Generation in a
- Northwest Association of Schools and Colleges Commission on
and Universities Annual Meeting. January 6, 2002, Sheraton
President Eaton joined other presidents of Northwest colleges and
for this annual meeting to discuss the current state of higher
education in Washington.
- Association of Washington Business Address. January 9,
"A Critical Partnership: Business and Higher Education." President
Eaton was the
guest speaker for this gathering of local business leaders.