On this site, you will be invited to participate in ways — both curricular and co-curricular — to get involved around the issue of homelessness.
We invite students, faculty, staff from SPU and other universities, as well as community members, to join us in this effort to reduce homelessness. This includes:
- Providing this growing website with ideas and learning activities around engaging homelessness
- Creating academic opportunities such as break-out sessions at the annual Day of Common Learning
- Organizing symposiums on Seattle homelessness
- Ongoing Tent City 3 involvement
You will also discover how you can advocate on the local and state level, where you can volunteer, and how to host an encampment.
Event: Thursday, November 10
Interprofessional Grand Rounds
Engaging homelessness: Is there a link between shelter and healing?
With a panel, including:
- Professor of Sociology Jennifer McKinney
- Associate Professor of Sociology Karen Snedker
- Director of New Horizons, Mary Steele
- Director of Mary’s Place, Marty Hartman
- Administrator of Neighbor Care, Zoe Reese
Date: Thursday, November 10
Where: Demaray Hall 150
Reception: 6–6:30 p.m.
Grand Rounds: 6:30–8:30 p.m.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or RSVP now.