Alumni are always welcome in the SPU Library. While some services such as Summit borrowing and off campus access to library databases are not available once you graduate, we do what we can to continue to make you feel connected to SPU through the Library.
Services for Alumni
- Contact the Alumni Center for an alumni card that allows you to continue checking out materials from the SPU Library.
- Continue to request materials through Interlibrary Loan. (You may need to set up an ILL account.)
- Search the SPU Library databases when visiting the library in person.
- Use self-service printers and copiers, with purchase of a copy card.
If you can’t visit campus, consider these alternatives for database access:
You can also find online databases available no charge, including:
Databases sponsored by the U.S. government:
Loan Rule Information
||Max. items out by item type
|General collection, Curriculum, Honors Projects, Juvenile, Music Scores, Kits
||Up to 25
|CDs, Sound Recordings
|Reference, Atlases, Theses
- (*) Overdue items that go to 'billed' status before being returned are subject to a $5.00 per item late fee.
- Alumni may have a total of 25 items checked out at any one time.
- Replacement cost for lost SPU materials: $75.
- Fees may be assessed for materials returned in a damaged condition.
Contact the Circulation desk at 206-281-2228 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have concerns about overdue, damaged, or lost items.
Patron responsibility: The Library prints date due slips at the time of checkout and sends courtesy reminders and overdue notices to your SPU email address. However, whether or not you receive these notices, you are responsible for returning materials that have been checked out on your ID card on time.