The Seattle Pacific University Library offers limited library privileges to individuals who wish to check out books owned by the SPU Library.
Privileges and policies
Community borrowers may:
- Purchase a Community Borrower card from the Circulation Desk ($25 for access for three months from date of purchase).
- Use SPU’s guest wireless account while in the building.
- Use SPU computers to access online library resources (SPU faculty, staff, and students have priority access to these terminals).
With a Community Borrower card community members may:
- Check out material from the SPU Library’s General Collection, including curriculum, juvenile books, music scores, sound recordings, DVDs, and videos.
- Have up to 10 items checked out at a time.
Friends of the Library:
Loan Rule Information
|Material Type||Loan Period||Fines||Max. items out by item type||Renewal|
|General collection, Curriculum, Honors Projects, Juvenile, Music Scores, Kits||28 days||$0.20 per day||Up to 10||1|
|CDs, Sound Recordings||24 hours||$1 per day||5||1|
|DVDs, Videos||7 days||$1 per day||5||1|
|Summit borrowing system, Interlibrary Loan, databases (when not in the library)||No access||n/a||n/a||n/a|
|Reference, Atlases, Theses||No loan||n/a||n/a||n/a|
- Community borrowers may have a total of 10 items checked out at any one time.
- Replacement cost for lost SPU materials: $75.
- Fees may be assessed for materials returned in a damaged condition.
- Fines are higher for recalled items.
In the event of any overdue charges, the SPU Library will bill the patron. Consequently, the applicant must provide complete name, address, telephone number, and email.
Contact the Circulation desk at 206-281-2228 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have concerns about overdue, damaged, or lost items.
Patron responsibility. The Library prints date-due slips at the time of checkout and sends courtesy reminders and overdue notices to the email address you provide. However, whether or not you receive these notices, you are responsible for returning materials that have been checked out on to your library account on time.
Get the Library’s most up-to-date hours.
Thursday Food for Thought
Bring a brown-bag lunch and hear SPU faculty and staff read from their latest books.