Librarian support of teaching
SPU uses the liaison librarian model of support for faculty. Faculty members may:
- Request instruction sessions, screencasts or handouts for specific courses, faculty workshops, or other group sessions.
- Direct students to their liaison librarian for help in using library resources.
- Obtain assistance in creating assignments that effectively build information literacy skills.
- Suggest items for addition to the library collection.
- Search library article and research databases from on or off campus.
- Determine whether the SPU Library has access to the full text of a particular journal using Journals A-Z.
Request reprints of materials available on Microfilm.
“Ask a Librarian” to receive research assistance in person or online through email, text message, and chat services.
- Contact your liaison librarian for assistance with your personal research and publication interests. This can include meeting to discuss your research, literature reviews, style and citation assistance, and more.
- Have students take non-proctored make-up exams in the Library.
- Use the Faculty/Graduate Study Room.
- Use a Faculty/Graduate Study Room locker (see the Circulation Desk to checkout a key).
Reserve a library space including the classroom, seminar, media, or conference rooms.
- Use collaborative and individual computing spaces and receive support in using university software at the Tech Desk.
- Use self-service printers and copiers, with Debit Dollars (log in).
Loan Rule Information
||Max. items out by item type
|General collection, Curriculum, Honors Projects, Juvenile, Music Scores, Kits
||Up to 75
|Summit items – Long Loan (usually books)
||$0.50 per day for first 10 days, then $1.00 per day for the next 15 days
||Up to 75
|Summit items – Short Loan (usually media)
||$0.50 per day for first 15 days, then $1.00 per day for the next 15 days
||Up to 75
|Wesleyan, Wesleyan Holiness, and Free Methodist Collection (Emmanuel Room)
||84 days with Librarian Permission
|Graduate Locker Key
|CDs, Sound Recordings
|Test Files (restricted access)
||Varies, usually 2 hours
|Reference, Atlases, Theses
||24 hours with Librarian Permission
- Faculty may have a total of 75 items checked out at any one time.
- Replacement cost for lost SPU materials: $75.
- Replacement cost for lost Summit materials: $90.
- Fees may be assessed for materials returned in a damaged condition.
Contact the Circulation desk at 206-281-2228 or email@example.com if you have concerns about overdue, damaged, or lost items.
Patron responsibility: The Library prints date due slips at the time of checkout and sends courtesy reminders and overdue notices to your SPU email address. However, whether or not you receive these notices, you are responsible for returning materials that have been checked out on your ID card on time.